Keywords: Adolescence, Scientific research, Behavior, Journey, Technology, Growing up. Three words: Insightful, Relatable, Educational
In the 2017 documentary "Adult Under Construction," director Walther Jensen delves into the complex world of adolescence. The film follows a 25-year-old woman who embarks on a journey to understand her adolescent behaviour through the lens of science.
The documentary takes a critical look at adolescence, a period that begins with biological and hormonal changes and ends with a stable, independent role in society. Throughout the film, the woman seeks scientific explanations for her past actions, shedding light on teenage behaviour. The film poses the question: How much do scientific research and technology help us understand what's happening in our brain during our teen years, and can they change anything?
More Film Analysis
"Adult Under Construction" employs a narrative-driven approach, combining personal exploration with scientific research. The depth of research is commendable, providing viewers with a nuanced understanding of adolescent behaviour.
Historical and Factual Context
Every generation faces its unique challenges during adolescence. However, the film argues that the core struggle remains the same: growing up is tough, regardless of the era. The documentary is contextualized within the broader discourse on adolescence, societal expectations, and the role of science in understanding human behaviour.
Key themes in the film
- The complexity of adolescence
- The role of science in understanding human behaviour
- The impact of technology on our understanding of the brain
"Adult Under Construction" can be compared to documentaries such as "Inside the Teenage Brain" and "The Secret Life of the Brain." However, it differentiates itself by integrating a personal narrative with scientific research.
A significant revelation in the documentary is the acknowledgment that despite advancements in scientific research and technology, understanding adolescent behavior remains a complex task.
This documentary has been praised for its insightful exploration of adolescence. Viewers appreciated the blend of personal narrative and scientific research, saying it provided a comprehensive look at the complex world of adolescence.
"Adult Under Construction" offers an enlightening exploration of adolescence. It is particularly relevant for individuals interested in understanding human behaviour, making it a must-watch for parents, educators, and those fascinated by the science of the human mind.
More film information:
- IMDB score: 7
- Rotten Tomatoes score: N/A
- Metacritic score: N/A
- Film festival awards: N/A
- Walther Jensen: Director
- Main character: A 25-year-old woman exploring her adolescent behaviour
- Various locations featuring the main character's journey
Key Questions Raised by the Film:
- How much can scientific research and technology help us understand adolescent behaviour?
- How does the experience of adolescence differ across generations?
- Can understanding adolescent behaviour change it?
I wonder what the film would be in another art form
- If this film was a famous book, it would be "The Catcher in the Rye" because it explores the confusion and angst of adolescence.
- If this film was a famous song, it would be "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry, highlighting the highs and lows of being a teenager.
- If this film was a famous piece of art, it would be Picasso's "The Young Ladies of Avignon," reflecting the complexity of adolescence.
- If this film was a famous celebrity, it would be Emma Watson, known for her transition from a child star to a thoughtful and articulate adult.
- If this film was a color, it would be purple, symbolizing the mystery and complexity of adolescence.
- If this film was a music style, it would be alternative rock, often associated with teenage rebellion and self-expression.