We respect your rights to privacy under the laws of Singapore, where iwonder is based, and comply with all of the requirements under these laws. For instructions on how to contact us, please see the “Contacting Us” section below. By using, visiting or browsing the iwonder service, you accept and agree to our information practices described below.
2. Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us. Examples may include:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
- information collected when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, set preferences in My Account or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information regarding you and your interactions with us and our advertising, your use of our service, applications, sites, tools, and customer service, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, and set-top boxes). This information may include:
- your activity on the iwonder service, such as title selections, watch history and search queries;
- details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number;
- device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful
3. Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts for you and others, including to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we may use the information we collect for purposes such as:
- determining your general geographic location, providing localized content, providing recommendations on movies and TV shows we think will be of interest to you, determining your Internet service provider and helping us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining trial membership eligibility);
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- sending you emails, push notifications or other correspondence and advertising concerning our service, including newsletters, messages about new iwonder features, iwonder special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys. From time to time, we may partner with companies whose products we believe will interest our members. In conjunction with these partners, we may send promotional announcements and/or serve web-based advertisements on their behalf, as permitted by law. Please see the “Your Choices” section of this policy for information regarding opting out of marketing emails and push notifications, as well your choices regarding other types of advertising;
- assessing and improving the operation of the service;
- complying with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority of any country (or political subdivision of a country)
We may use information on an aggregated basis. For example, we use movie and TV show ratings and consumption behavior, as well as commentary and reviews, on an aggregate basis, to improve our recommendations to you as well as other users. Aggregated information may be used for a variety of purposes not explicitly set forth in this policy.
4. Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. For example, we may partner with companies that offer incentives, such as frequent flyer mileage awards, if you sign up or otherwise utilize our service. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. By participating in such joint promotions or programs, you agree to our sharing of your information. Please note that these third party businesses are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- European Union: Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
- Information you make public: While using the iwonder service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly and third parties can use the information you disclose.
- Others with access to your account: If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information, including in some cases personal information, such as your watch history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in My Account). This remains true even if you use our profiles feature; see the Profiles section of this policy for more information.
- Aggregate information: We may provide analysis of and information from or about our users in the aggregate form to partners, Service Providers and other third parties.
Profiles allow users to have a distinct, personalized iwonder experience, built around the movies and shows of interest to them, as well as separate watch histories. Please note that profiles are available to everyone who uses your iwonder account, so that anyone with access to your iwonder account can navigate to and use, edit or delete profiles. You should explain this to others with access to your account, and if you do not wish them to use or change your profile, be sure to let them know.
6. Cookies and Internet Advertising
7. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.
Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
8. What are advertising identifiers?
Advertising identifiers are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the “Identifier for Advertisers” (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, advertising identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with iwonder. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the iwonder service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies and advertising identifiers: These cookies and advertising identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “interest-based advertising.” Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our service providers.
How can I exercise choice regarding cookies and advertising identifiers?
To opt out of interest-based ads from iwonder in connection with an advertising identifier on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your device (usually found under “privacy” or “ads” in your device’s settings). You may still see iwonder ads on your device, but they will not be tailored to your likely interests.
How Does iwonder use Web Beacons and other Technologies?
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our service providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site, and understand interactions with our marketing (including email and online ads on third-party sites). Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons associated with such cookies.
We may use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, click the “unsubscribe” link in the email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
You may be able to opt in to receive push notifications from iwonder. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.
Right to Access Your Information
We give you access and the ability to update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information and your communication preferences in the “My Account” portion of our website. You must be signed in to access “My Account.” If you have a question regarding our privacy practices, or want to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as free trial fraud. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honour your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable measures to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when it is no longer required.
iwonder uses reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. For example, we may utilize Secure Sockets Layering, an industry-standard protocol for certain of your transmissions to us, in order to encrypt certain personal information that you send to us through the registration and sign-up process.
Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our service, including our website and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the iwonder service.
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the iwonder service, we implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the iwonder service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box “Remember me on this computer” when you login on the website. To remove access to your iwonder account from your devices: (a) visit “My Account” (note, deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your iwonder settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account access information and for restricting access to your computer or device through which you access your iwonder account. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or iwonder-approved device, you should log-out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
Changes to This Policy
Transfer of Information
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by using iwonder, you acknowledge and agree to the transfer of your information outside your country of residence to any country (including Singapore) where we have facilities or engage Service Providers. You understand that the countries to which we may transfer information may not have as comprehensive a level of data protection as in your country, although your personal information will continue to be protected in accordance with the standards described in this policy.
iwonder Pte. Ltd.
1 Keong Saik Road
Attention: Privacy Officer