Keywords: Donald Trump, Conflicts of Interest, Political Documentary, Presidency, Business Deals Three words: Investigative, Revealing, Political
"The Company He Keeps" is a compelling political documentary directed by Marie Doezema. Released in 2017, the film delves into the numerous conflicts of interest surrounding President Donald Trump, particularly his business deals in Java and Bali during his presidential campaign.
The documentary digs into the controversial business deals of Donald Trump during his run for presidency. It reveals how, even while campaigning for the most influential position in the world, Trump was negotiating luxury resort deals in Java and Bali. These revelations open a Pandora's box of ethical questions and potential conflicts of interest.
More Film Analysis
"Doezema's documentary employs an investigative style that meticulously uncovers Trump's business dealings during his campaign. It combines in-depth research with interviews of key figures, providing a comprehensive exploration of the subject.
Historical and Factual Context
Understanding the historical context of Trump's presidency and his previous business ventures helps viewers comprehend the depth of the conflicts of interest revealed in the documentary.
Key Themes in the Film
- Conflict of Interest
- Ethical Dilemmas in Politics
- Trump's Business Ventures
"The Company He Keeps" can be compared to other political documentaries like "The Family" and "Dirty Money" that delve into the intersection of business and politics.
One significant revelation in the documentary is the unveiling of Trump's negotiations for luxury resorts in Java and Bali during his presidential campaign.
Critics praised "The Company He Keeps" for its thorough research and balanced approach. "A revealing look at the conflicts of interest surrounding Trump," writes one critic.
"The Company He Keeps" presents a compelling investigation into Trump's simultaneous business and political ventures. It's a must-watch for anyone interested in understanding the complexities and potential conflicts of interest within the world of politics.
More film information:
- Genre: Documentary
- Donald Trump: Businessman and 45th President of the United States
- Marie Doezema: Director
- United States
- Java and Bali, Indonesia
Key Questions Raised by the Film:
- How do Trump's business ventures intersect with his political role?
- What potential conflicts of interest does this create?
- How does this affect the presidency and public perception?
Links for Further Exploration:
I wonder what the film would be in another art form
- If this film was a famous book, it would be "The Art of the Deal" by Donald Trump because of its focus on Trump's business ventures.
- If this film was a famous song, it would be "Money" by Pink Floyd, signifying the intertwining of money and power.
- If this film was a famous piece of art, it would be "The Scream" by Edvard Munch, symbolising the shock and disbelief at the revelations.
- If this film was a famous celebrity, it would be George Clooney, known for his political activism.
- If this film was a color, it would be grey, signifying the murky ethical lines crossed.
- If this film was a music style, it would be investigative journalism, reflecting the film's in-depth analysis.